NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured Due to Another? Ask Our Personal Injury Lawyers for a FREE Consultation
Individuals hurt due to the actions of another may face high medical bills, growing lost wages, and serious pain and suffering. Unfortunately, these burdens not only affect the individual but the entire family. What is worse is that many types of personal injuries can take months or years to heal, and sometimes never do. This can leave a lasting and damaging effect on an individual and his or her family. Some important financial decisions may have to be made which can make it difficult for a family to pay bills. Our personal injury lawyer in New Jersey knows that this can bring uncertainty for a family.
But in times of great uncertainty, victims and their families can rely on the Law Offices of John Allegra for guidance, support, and zealous advocacy to protect their rights. With over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases through the state, we have fought back against some of the largest insurance companies and defense lawyers in the United States. We protect the rights of individuals who are injured by another person, business, government agency, or another entity’s negligence. Learn how we can help protect your rights during a FREE consultation over the phone, in our office, at your home, or even at the hospital. We have no upfront fee or cost, and we only get paid if you get paid through our legendary no-fee guarantee.
Compensation That We Can Recover for You
Victims of an accident or incident in New Jersey may be entitled to “damages” under the law. Damages are a type of relief that a court can award. In personal injury cases, damages are typically monetary compensation. The most common types of damages include the following:
- Past pain and suffering – from the date of the accident until the date of payment
- Future pain and suffering – an estimated amount from the date of payment for the rest of your life expectancy
- Medical bills – both past and reasonably proven future medical bills, including for surgeries, physical therapy, and medications
- Lost wages – from being out of work due to the accident, your injuries, disability, doctor’s appointments, or other reasons related to the negligence incident
- Lost future earnings – if you cannot work in the same career and must take a pay cut, the difference in pay between your old job and the lower-paying job for the rest of your expected work life (i.e., to estimated retirement)
- Loss of consortium – relations with your spouse and also the other interactions known as “society” and affection with your parents, children, siblings, and other family members can be compensated for the time you are at the hospital or disabled
- Modifications to a home or vehicle – such as chairlifts, widening of doors, cranes, and bars
- Medical equipment and devices – including walkers, wheelchairs, prosthetics, and other devices
- Punitive damages – where a defendant’s conduct is egregious and shocks the conscious, you may be entitled to punitive damages in very rare cases
- Wrongful death damages – including income support, burial costs, and funeral expenses, and
- Other damages that our personal injury lawyer in New Jersey may be able to recover for you.
Types of Cases We Handle
The Law Offices of John Allegra will handle virtually any type of catastrophic injury case due to the negligence or intentional conduct of another person, business, government agency, or other entity. We can evaluate your case during a FREE consultation to advise you what your legal rights may be. The most common types of cases that we handle include the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Whether you are hurt in a car crash, 18 wheeler wreck, bicycle collision, motorcycle crash, pedestrian knockdown, or any other type of motor vehicle accident, our personal injury lawyer in NJ has over 30 years of representing individuals and their families throughout New Jersey. We can help establish liability in a drunk driving, distracted driving, rear end collisions, running a red light, and any other type of serious car crash. We also know how to use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations against dangerous truck drivers in order to prove liability and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Slip and Falls/Trip and Falls
Were you injured in a store or on the property of another in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident? You may be entitled to compensation and we may be able to help. All NJ property owners must maintain their property with reasonable care under the circumstances. Businesses like stores, offices, hospitals, and other facilities must afford the highest level of care to customers (business invitees) in order to protect them from harm. When a business fails to clean up a slip, repair a broken step, or remove snow and ice, it can create a dangerous hazard for others. If you were injured in a slip and fall, trip and fall, or in any other accident on the property of another, call us today.
Medical Malpractice and Birth Injuries
We expect doctors to heal us, not harm us. Unfortunately, wrongful death caused by preventable medical errors is the third leading cause of death in the entire United States—behind only heart disease and cancer. This is a frightening statistic that demonstrates how serious medical malpractice is, particularly to babies in the form of birth injuries. Many times medical errors can result in debilitating and permanent injuries. Even if a healthcare provider claims “natural and avoidable consequences” or an “unavoidable outcome,” you may have a case. Ask us for a FREE case evaluation to learn what those rights may be under NJ law.
Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
New Jersey is a strict liability state when it comes to dog bite law. This means that a dog that attacks or bites another will automatically render the owner liable for those injuries, whether or not the owner knew that the dog had vicious propensities or a proclivity to cause harm. This applies even if a dog jumped on or knocked over a person causing injuries.
We expect products to work as intended. Unfortunately, sometimes there are latent (hidden) or patent (visible) defects or errors in manufacturing that can turn a safe product into an unnecessarily dangerous object. Our personal injury lawyer in New Jersey knows that sometimes these injuries could be catastrophic, including electrocution, burn injuries, significant lacerations, and other types of damages.
Types of Injuries We Can Handle for You
The Law Offices of John Allegra has handled many different types of injury cases during the more than 30 years of representing bodily injury victims in NJ. Many of these injuries have resulted in permanent disability affecting the rest of a person’s entire life. Some of the most common types of injuries we have handled include the following:
- Fractures or broken bones, including compound fractures or spinal compression fractures
- Back injuries and herniated discs, annular tears, stenosis, and spinal fusion cases
- Knee and leg injuries, including tears to the meniscus, ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, and other structures
- Shoulder and arm injuries, including SLAP tears, rotator cuff injuries, biceps ruptures, and other types of damages
- Neck injuries and herniated discs, including radiculopathy and cervical fusions
- Traumatic brain injuries, including diffuse axonal TBIs, coup-contrecoup TBIs, concussions, brain bleeds, and other damages
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis such as paraplegia, quadriplegia, and monoplegia
- Child (minor) damages, including to growth plates, nerves, and other developmental delays from TBIs or SCIs
- Burn damages, especially third degree or chemical burns from fires, explosions, electrocutions, and other accidents
- Wrongful death cases
- Loss of senses like partial blindness, hearing loss, smell, taste, or sensory loss (nerve damage) due to an accident
- Amputations or loss of a limb, and
- Many other types of damages our personal injury lawyer in New Jersey may be able to recover for you.
Call the Law Offices of John Allegra For Help Today
Let our experienced personal injury lawyers in NJ handle your case while you focus on healing. We are committed to justice with over 30 years of a proven track record of success. Learn how we can help fight back at insurance adjusters and defense lawyers protecting dangerous drivers, negligent doctors, and unscrupulous property owners.
We have a guaranteed no win, no fee policy and offer FREE consultations. There are no out-of-pocket expenses to get started with us today. Get started with the Law Offices of John Allegra by dialing (201) 433-8282 or send us a message through our contact us box available here to get your FREE case evaluation.